Gunter FFA Alumni / Kenyon Wood Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Gunter Future Farmers of America (FFA) Alumni/Kenyon Wood Scholarship. This scholarship is intended to recognize senior students within the Gunter FFA program. To apply for this scholarship, a student must submit:
- A completed application
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Photo in FFA dress
We request that the required documents be enclosed in a sealed envelope and returned to the GHS front office by the end of school day March 15th, 2021. Once the FFA scholarship committee reviews all the applications, qualifying applicants will be selected to proceed into the interview phase.
All applicants will be notified by March 30th, 2021, of the time and location of the interview. The interview(s) for the selected applicant(s) will be scheduled in the afternoon of April 18th, 2021. The applicant(s) selected to receive a Gunter FFA Alumni/Kenyon Wood Scholarship will be announced at the GHS awards ceremony in May.
- GHS senior and district resident.
- Transfer students must attend GHS all four years.
- Applicant must have been a Gunter FFA member at least three years (except transfer students must be Gunter FFA members all four years at GHS).
- Applicant must have been an active FFA member.
- Applicant must submit a head and shoulders photo of themselves in Official FFA Dress. The photo should measure 4” X 6”.
- Two (2) letter’s of recommendation from a community member that is not related to the applicant and from a past/present employer or teacher (cannot be Ag Advisor).
- The recipient must have completed at least 12 credit hours with a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the first semester after graduation.
- The recipient’s awarded amount will be paid after providing a copy of the recipient’s transcript.
- Please mail transcript to: Gunter FFA Alumni, PO Box 357, Gunter, Texas 75058